Past Research Accomplishments
Past research accomplishments for the Head and Neck Oncology Division of The Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.
- Establishing the methodologies to culture surgical specimens of head and neck tumors in a three-dimensional native state histoculture.
- Demonstrating plasticity of the anchorage independence and tumorigenicity phenotype in human squamous cells.
- Successfully completing feasibility and efficacy studies of intensified multimodality treatment of advanced resectable squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
- Conducting a phase II trial to evaluate taxol in previously treated patients with advanced squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck.
- Developing an intuitive interface for the purpose of visualizing cranial base tumors through high performance computing.
- Developing a mechanism to preoperatively identify patients at risk for delirium after major head and neck surgery.
- Evaluating patients having mandibular plating procedures to identify risk factors leading to both short- and long- term plate exposure complications.
Contact any of our OSU ENT offices to set up an appointment with one of our dedicated staff. Turn to OSU ENT for your ear, nose and throat doctor in and around Columbus, Ohio.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT | HOME | ABOUT US | RESEARCH | PATIENT CARE | EDUCATION | DOCTORS AND STAFF | PATIENT TESTIMONIAL | 315 CONSTRUCTION UPDATES | WAYS TO GIVE BACK |RESIDENCY PROGRAM