The Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery actively participates in the education of the medical students. In addition to daily interactions, the department provides the following didactic lectures:
- Two one-hour lectures to first-year medical students about the diseases of the ear (part of the Integrated Pathway Med 1 - Neuroscience).
- Three one-hour lectures in Ambulatory Care Clerkship to third-year medical students about different aspects of Otolaryngology (total of 18 lectures per year).
The department offers a number of courses to both third-year and fourth-year medical students:
Third-year medical students
- Otolaryngology Selective (during Ambulatory Care Clerkship)
Fourth-year medical students
- Comprehensive Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Pediatric Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Adult Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- Contemporary Comprehensive Care of Cancer Patient
- Away Elective in Otolaryngology
- International Elective in Otolaryngology
Medical students interested in completing an away rotation with our department may contact Dr. Stephen Kang at Stephen.Kang@osumc.edu
The department faculty members also contribute to the educational activities of the medical students during other rotations, such as pediatrics.
Med 3 Packet 2017-2018
Med 4 Packet 2017-2018